Option Chain - Choose a symbol
What is an Option Chain?
- An option chain, also known as an option matrix, is a listing of all available option contracts, both puts and calls, for a given security.
- It shows all puts, calls, strike ltp, and pricing information for a single underlying asset within a given maturity period.
How is it Useful?
- The option chain matrix is most useful for the next trading day.
- Trading volume, or the number of contracts that change hands in a given day, indicates how much liquidity there might be for any given option.
- Open interest measures the total number of options outstanding on each strike and maturity, allowing you to gauge the scale of market commitment.